The concept of organic food dates back to the early 1900s. Since then, the organic food products have occupied a significant portion of the agriculture industry. According to the Organic Trade Association, organic food sales market constitutes 5-10% of the food market in the USA. In 2018, the U.S. organic market hit the 50 billion mark for the first time ever. The sales grew to 6.3% with sales achieving a record of $52.5 billion in 2019. Well, a lot of foods comply with organic standards. While the list seems to be endless, we tried to compile some popular organic food products in this article – from organic raw honey to dairy to vegetables and more.
Organic Raw: Organic Grains
- Includes organic grains like wheat, rice, millet, oats, maize, quinoa, barley, etc.
- A good source of fiber and many B vitamins. Further, they have essential minerals too.
Organic Raw: Organic Legumes
- Includes lentils, beans, chickpea, nuts, etc.
- Lentils are available in different colors, such as black, brown, yellow, and green. They are a rich source of protein.
- Popular bean varieties include soybeans, black beans, chickpeas, and kidney beans. High in carbohydrates and protein.
- Nuts like soy nuts, peanuts, and Brazil nuts are rich in carbs, fats, and proteins.
Organic Raw: Organic Beverages
- Includes tea, coffee, beer, wine, and fruit juices.
- Also includes carbonated drinks, coconut water, and energy drinks.
Organic Raw: Organic Sweeteners
- Includes organic raw honey, honey, white sugar, brown sugar, and coconut sugar.
- It also includes blackstrap molasses and maple syrup.
- Sweeteners like organic raw honey and brown sugar are better than white sugar. This is because of their low glucose content.
- Organic raw honey and other sweeteners are free of artificial preservatives.
Fruits And Vegetables
- Almost all fruits can produce through organic farming including apple, berries, peaches, grapes, etc.
- Similarly, almost every vegetable can grow organically. The list includes onion, tomato, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, etc.
- Organic spices can be turmeric, clove, black pepper, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, etc.
- They have a fresh aroma. Moreover, organic spices taste better than regular spices.
- Just like organic raw honey, organic oil doesn’t undergo chemical treatments.
Organic Dairy Products
- This list includes milk, cheese, yogurt, tofu, and other dairy products.
- Organic tofu is a popular protein-alternative among vegans.
Organic Non-Vegetarian Products
- Includes meat, chicken, and eggs.
- Organic candies are made from natural ingredients.
- Natural candies like organic raw honey lollipops and fruit jelly squares can be easily made at home.
- Organic snacks like puffed snacks use organic ingredients like rice, millet, and potatoes.
- Snacks like organic raw honey graham crackers and organic raw honey cookies can be prepared at home.
Organic Dry Fruits & Seeds
- Includes organic almonds, cashews, walnuts, chestnut, betel nut, etc.
- The seed category includes chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
Organic Dried Fruits
- Popular dried fruits include apricots, raisins, plums, peaches, dates, and figs.
- In addition to these, fruits like dried berries, pineapple, etc. are also available.
Organic Ready-To-Cook/Ready-To-Eat Food Products
- This list includes instant noodles, oatmeal, soups, curry meals, and more.
- These meals can be instantly prepared and enjoyed. As a result, they are good travel buddies.
Organic Italian/Chinese Cuisines
- Includes all types of organic pasta including penne, macaroni, spaghetti, fettuccine, etc.
- It also includes noodles and a wide variety of sauces too.